ISLAND CREEK REAL ESTATE GUIDE
Located on the border of Kingstowne, one of Fairfax County’s largest planned communities i
Located just outside of the Kingstowne subdivision, Island Creek offers a unique urban environment in a smaller homeowner’s assoicate with many of the same amenites provided by larger communities. Island Creek is popular among its residents because of:
- A NUMBER OF HOUSING OPTIONS: In Island Creek, you’ll find garden and townhouse style condos, small lofted townhouses to larger townhouses with two car garages, and single family homes.
- CENTRAL LOCATION:Island Creek is ideal for commuters not only to DC but also The Pentagon, Fort Belvoir, Quantico and Tyson’s Corner. Island Creek provides easy access to both the Franconia-Springfield and Van Dorn Metro stations, 1-95, VRE, slug line and the Capital Beltway. There’s even commuter bus service available Monday through Friday.
- NEIGHBORHOOD FEEL: Island Creek real estate has remained popular over the years due to the neighborhood’s location, active community of neighbors, parks, top-rated schools, and nearby shopping.
- AMENITIES:The Island Creek community amenities include tennis courts, outdoor swimming pools, fitness centers, and walking trails.
Island Creek real estate can be tricky to navigate given the fluctuation in sales price from one enclave to another. Contact Abraham Walker, your Northern Virginia Real Estate Agent, for great recommendations and advice if you’re looking to buy or sell a home in Island Creek.
GET THE FREE ISLAND CREEK GUIDE IN EASY-TO-READ PDF
Enter your email to get this free Island Creek guide in easy-to-read PDF format. Bonus: Also see how this area compares with nearby top neighborhoods.
Island Creek Homes for Sale
6509 WYNEMA COURT ALEXANDRIA, Virginia
5 Beds 4 Baths 2,984 SqFt 0.190 Acres
6727 ROYAL THOMAS WAY ALEXANDRIA, Virginia
4 Beds 4 Baths 1,924 SqFt 0.040 Acres
6729 DOROTHY GILES COURT ALEXANDRIA, Virginia
3 Beds 3 Baths 1,920 SqFt 0.040 Acres
6603 HUNTER CREEK LANE ALEXANDRIA, Virginia
4 Beds 3 Baths 1,944 SqFt 0.040 Acres
7740 EFFINGHAM SQUARE ALEXANDRIA, Virginia
4 Beds 4 Baths 1,710 SqFt 0.040 Acres
6501 NEVITT WAY ALEXANDRIA, Virginia
3 Beds 3 Baths 1,176 SqFt 0.040 Acres
6534 PARISH GLEBE LANE ALEXANDRIA, Virginia
3 Beds 4 Baths 1,364 SqFt 0.030 Acres
6505 NEVITT WAY ALEXANDRIA, Virginia
3 Beds 3 Baths 1,152 SqFt 0.030 Acres
6604 NETTIES LANE 1203 ALEXANDRIA, Virginia
2 Beds 3 Baths 1,365 SqFt
Don’t See What You Like?
9 Things Island Creek Real Estate Buyers Should Know
- While Kingstowne is a defined subdivision, the greater Kingstowne area consists of neighboring communities of Island Creek, Amberleigh, Hayfield Farms, and Manchester Lakes.
- With Washington DC only 12 miles away Island Creek residents are close to the National Mall, the White House, and a host of Smithsonian Museums
- Living in Island Creek means quick access to The Kingstowne Center, which offers a multitude of dining, shopping and entertainment options.
- The Kingstowne Center is not only a hub for entertainment and shopping but also many businesses, including doctors, dentists, and your favorite real estate agent (link)
- Another draw to the Island Creek community is the amenities including tennis courts, basketball court, volleyball court, outdoor swimming pool, fitness center, and several playgrounds/tot lots.
- The Homeowner’s Association maintains a fantastic website with a calendar of events and important updates for residents
- There are miles of walking and biking trails throughout Island Creek.
- Island Creek is filled with real estate options, from condos to townhomes and single-family homes.
- Island Creek is a popular and convenient choice for military personnel particularly those at Fort Belvoir.
ISLAND CREEK MAPS AND LOCATION
Located on the western edge of Alexandria, the Island Creek area lies just outside of the beltway.
Island Creek is bordered to the west by Springfield, to the north by Amberleigh, to the east by Kingstowne, and to the south by Lorton
Its strategic location gives it convenient access to both the Franconia-Springfield and Van Dorn Metro stations, 1-95, VRE, slug line and the Capital Beltway. There’s convenient commuter bus service available Monday through Friday .
Because of its central location near multiple major highways, Island Creek is ideal for commuting to numerous Northern Virginia employment areas, including Fort Belvoir, The Pentagon, Capitol Hill, and Tysons Corner.
Island Creek is a residential neighborhood, however, restaurants, cafes, retail, parks, and entertainment centers are all within minutes in nearby Kingstowne and Landsdowne.
Island Creek falls under the 22315 zip code of Fairfax County.
Zip Codes near Island Creek homes for sale include 22310, 22079, 22150, 22303, 22304, and 22306.
– “Abraham made the sale of our home very quick, easy, and painless.”
– “Abraham’s knowledge of the local market put him heads and tails above everyone else.”
– “Communication was constant and prompt which was paramount for us buying and selling a home at the same time.”
Neighborhoods Near Island Creek Virginia
West of Island Creek
North of Island Creek
East of Island Creek
ISLAND CREEK AREA NEIGHBORHOODS
Many refer to the surrounding communities within the 22315 and 22310 zip codes as Kingstowne. The general boundary is comprised of Franconia Road on the north, Telegraph Road on the south, Beulah Street on the west and South Van Dorn Street on the east.There are several of smaller neighborhoods within the greater Kingstowne area, including Island Creek, Hayfield Farms, Amberleigh, Windsor Park, Manchester Lakes, and Lake Devereaux. These homes are a great option for those seeking an alternative to housing choices available in Kingstowne proper.
Amberleigh is a beautiful tree-lined townhome community with just over 500 homes.
Hayfield Farm is a community of single-family homes built between 1960 and the mid-70s. Hayfield Farm is home to many military families because of its proximity to the Coast Guard and Fort Belvoir.
Lake d’Evereux is a collection of townhouses and single built between 1980-1986. These homes offer quite the retreat from the noise of the city with many of the homes backing to Huntley Meadows Wildlife Preserve. Huntley Meadows Park is a nature sanctuary for residents looking; it features vast wetlands, hiking trails, and wildlife observation platforms.
Manchester Lakes offers five different condo developments: Essex House, Tiers I, Tiers II, Surrey and Victoria Crossings.
Island Creek Fairfax County Schools
Students living in Island Creek are assigned to the Fairfax County Public School system. Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) is an elite, public school district located in Northern Virginia. As the 10th largest school division in the United States, Fairfax County Public School serves a diverse student population of more than 188,000 students in grades prekindergarten through 12.
Students living in Island Creek will be in the Hayfield School Pyramid. Fairfax County Public School students can take Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) classes in high school; the division offers the IB middle years program and the IB primary years program in select schools.
- Island Creek Elementary School at 7855 Morning View Lane. Island Creek ES serves students grades K-6. To view school ratings click here.
- Hayfield Secondary School (Middle) at 7630 Telegraph Road. Hayfield MS serves students grades 7-8. Hayfield is a secondary school, meaning it serves grades 7 through 12, but the high school and middle school students are generally kept segregated. Hayfield Middle offers an honors program. To view school ratings click here.
- Hayfield Secondary School (High) at 7630 Telegraph Road.Hayfield HS serves students grades 9-12. Hayfield is a secondary school, meaning it serves grades 7 through 12, but the high school and middle school students are generally kept segregated. Hayfield High offers both honors and advanced placement programs. To view school ratings click here.
Private Schools Near Island Creek
- Calvary Road Christian School at 6811 Beulah Street
- Browne Academy at 5917 Telegraph Road
- Burgundy Farm Country Day School at 3700 Burgundy Road
- Word of Life Christian Academy at 5225 Backlick Road
- Al-Qalam Academy at 6666 Commerce Street
- Springfield Academy at 5236 Backlick Road
- Angelus Academy at 7644 Dynatech Court
- Saint Bernadette Catholic School at 7600 Old Keene Mill Road
- Immanuel Christian School at 6915 Braddock Road
To find an receive a list of all Island Creek real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Abraham Walker at Abraham@AskAWalker.com with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above is considered accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the Fairfax County Public Schools’ website.
22315 Real Estate Trends
22315 New Listings
22315 Active Listings[infogram id="5b5f2ab9-e310-46ad-86dc-01187181b29d" prefix="zEi"]
Note: Given the large Northern Virginia real estate area, it may be best to take a closer look at each neighborhood and community with a reliable Realtor for more accurate trends. Data sourced from the Northern Virginia Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service and is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. For updated information regarding Kingstowne real estate pricing and trend analysis, please contact Abraham Walker at Abraham@AskAWalker.com.
Fun Things to Do Near Island Creek
Island Creek offers its residents a variety of amenities, including tennis courts and swimming pools. Things to do in the area don't stop there.
Island Creek homes are merely minutes away from many entertainment, dining, and retail options. The Kingstowne Towne Center is a one-stop spot for shopping and dining right in the heart of Kingstowne. You can grab a bite to eat, enjoy a movie, visit a driving range, do a little shopping and then head to the supermarket all without leaving the Kingstowne Towne Center.
There are a number of tot lots within the community but Island Creek is only minutes away from Lee District Park.
Lee District Rec Center located within the park offers a splash park, basketball courts, swimming pools, amphitheater and a turf football field. It's home to the Pioneer baseball league as well. Lee District Rec Center offers camp programs for school-aged children during summer, spring and winter breaks.
Just outside of Island Creek is the Kingstowne Library, located ironically in Landsdowne outside of the Kingstone HOA boundary.
Here are just some of the must-visit places in and around Island Creek:
- Franconia Park
- Lee District Park
- Huntley Meadows Park
- Lake Accotink Park
- TJ Maxx
- Home Goods
- World Market
- Ross for Less
- Springfield Towne Center (mall)
- Trader Joes
- Nalls Produce
- Regal Kingstowne Stadium 16
- Chessie's Big Backyard
- Top Golf
- Dave & Busters
- Greendale Golf Course
- Go Ape Zip Line & Treetop Adventure
- Hidden Pond Nature Center
- Kumo Asian Bistro
- Lucky's Sports Theatre and Grille
- Manchester Bagel
- Dickey's BBQ
- The Pub by Wegmans
- Fiona's Irish Pub
- East Moon Asian Bistro
- Aditi Indian Dining
- Pasara Thai Restuarant
- Bonefish Grill
- Ledo's Pizza
- Walker's Grille
Get More Details
Why We’re Different
- Rookie of the year 1st year in business
- NVAR multi-million-dollar producer
- Keller Williams Realty International top Training Company by Training Magazine
- 10+ years of Real Estate experience
- We study the market, and know how to market this property
- Honest, dependable and reliable
- Inform, educate, and advise our clients throughout the process.
- Negotiates Win-Win deals