KINGSTOWNE VA REAL ESTATE GUIDE
The second largest planned community in Fairfax County
Located just outside of the Capital beltway Kingstowne offers a unique urban environment outside of the city. Kingstowne is one of Fairfax County most popular areas because of its:
- WIDE RANGE OF HOUSING OPTIONS: In Kingstowne, you’ll find everything from condos with one to three bedrooms, small lofted townhouses to large and luxurious townhouses with two car garages, and single family homes ranging from cozy two level colonials to grande estates boasting over 4000 square feet.
- CENTRAL LOCATION: Kingstowne is ideal for commuters not only to DC but also The Pentagon, Fort Belvoir, Quantico and Tyson’s Corner. Kingstowne provides easy access to both the Franconia-Springfield and Van Dorn Metro stations, 1-95, VRE, slug line and the Capital Beltway. There’s commuter bus service available daily.
- NEIGHBORHOOD FEEL: Kingstowne real estate has remained popular over the years due to the neighborhood’s location, active community of neighbors, parks, schools, shopping and tree-lined streets.
- AMENITIES: Kingstowne offers residents a multitude of amenities including tennis courts, outdoor swimming pools, multiple fitness centers, and miles of walking trails to name a few. Over 1,200 acres of carefully maintained green space make Kingstowne a unique urban environment with a peaceful, serene feel.
Kingstowne real estate can be tricky to navigate given the fluctuation in sales price from one neighborhood to another within close proximity. Contact Abraham Walker, your Northern Virginia Real Estate Agent, for great recommendations and advice if you’re looking to buy or sell a home in Kingstowne.
GET THE FREE KINGSTOWNE GUIDE IN EASY-TO-READ PDF
Enter your email to get this free Kingstowne guide in easy-to-read PDF format. Bonus: Also see how this area compares with nearby top neighborhoods.
Kingstowne Homes for Sale
Don’t See What You Like?
Top 9 Things Kingstowne Real Estate Buyers Should Know
- While Kingstowne is a defined subdivision, the greater Kingstowne area consists of neighboring communities of Island Creek, Amberleigh, Hayfield Farms, and Manchester Lakes.
- With Washington DC only 12 miles away Kingstowne residents are close to the National Mall, the White House, and a host of Smithsonian Museums
- Living in Kingstowne means quick access to The Kingstowne Center, which offers a multitude of dining, shopping and entertainment options.
- The Kingstowne Center is not only a hub for entertainment and shopping but also many businesses, including doctors, dentists, and your favorite real estate agent (link)
- Another draw to the Kingstowne community is the amenities including tennis courts, outdoor swimming pools, multiple fitness centers, and several playgrounds.
- Kingstowne has over 1,200 acres of carefully maintained green space
- There are miles of walking trails throughout the entire Kingstowne subdivision.
- Kingstowne is filled with real estate options, from apartments and condos to townhomes and single-family homes.
- Kingstowne is a popular and convenient choice for military personnel particularly those at Fort Belvoir. The southern boundary of Kingstowne meets the north gate of Ft Belvoir at Beulah Street and Telegraph Rd.
KINGSTOWNE MAPS AND LOCATION
Located on the western edge of Alexandria, the Kingstowne area lies just outside of the beltway.
Kingstowne is bordered to the west by Springfield, to the north by Franconia, to the east by Mount Vernon, and to the south by Lorton
Its strategic location gives it convenient access to both the Franconia-Springfield and Van Dorn Metro stations, 1-95, VRE, slug line and the Capital Beltway. There’s commuter bus service available daily.
Because of its central location near multiple major highways, Kingstowne is ideal for commuting to numerous Northern Virginia employment areas, including Fort Belvoir, The Pentagon, Capitol Hill, and Tysons Corner.
Kingstowne is a mostly residential neighborhood, however, restaurants, cafes, retail, parks, and entertainment centers are all within minutes of Kingstowne homes.
Neighborhoods and subdivisions in Kingstowne fall under the 22315 zip code of Fairfax County.
Zip Codes near Kingstowne homes for sale include 22310, 22079, 22150, 22303, 22304, and 22306.
– “Abraham made the sale of our home very quick, easy, and painless.”
– “Abraham’s knowledge of the local market put him heads and tails above everyone else.”
– “Communication was constant and prompt which was paramount for us buying and selling a home at the same time.”
Neighborhoods Near Kingstowne Virginia
West of Kingstowne
North of Kingstowne
East of Kingstowne
KINGSTOWNE AREA NEIGHBORHOODS
Many refer to the surrounding communities within the 22315 and 22310 zip codes as Kingstowne. The general boundary is comprised of Franconia Road on the north, Telegraph Road on the south, Beulah Street on the west and South Van Dorn Street on the east. There are several smaller neighborhoods within the greater Kingstowne area, including Island Creek, Hayfield Farms, Amberleigh, Windsor Park, Manchester Lakes, and Lake Devereaux. These homes are a great option for those seeking an alternative to housing choices available in Kingstowne proper.
Amberleigh is a beautiful tree-lined townhome community with just over 500 homes.
Hayfield Farm is a community of single-family homes built between 1960 and the mid-70s. Hayfield Farm is home to many military families because of its proximity to the Coast Guard and Fort Belvoir.
Island Creek has a breathtaking foundation welcoming residents as they arrive at the subdivision entrance. Home to more 1200 units including a mix of condos, townhouses, and single-family homes.
Lake d’Evereux is a collection of townhouses and single built between 1980-1986. These homes offer quite the retreat from the noise of the city with many of the homes backing to Huntley Meadows Wildlife Preserve. Huntley Meadows Park is a nature sanctuary for residents looking; it features vast wetlands, hiking trails, and wildlife observation platforms.
Manchester Lakes offers five different condo developments: Essex House, Tiers I, Tiers II, Surrey and Victoria Crossings.
Kingstowne Fairfax County Schools
Students living in Kingstowne are assigned to the Fairfax County Public School system. Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) is an elite, public school district located in Northern Virginia. As the 10th largest school division in the United States, Fairfax County Public School serves a diverse student population of more than 188,000 students in grades prekindergarten through 12.
Majority of students living in Kingstowne community will be in the Hayfield School Pyramid while the rest will fall under the Edison School Pyramid. Fairfax County Public School students can take Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) classes in high school; the division offers the IB middle years program and the IB primary years program in select schools.
- Anthony T Lane Elementary School at 7137 Beulah Street. Lane ES serves students grades K-6. To view school ratings click here.
- Franconia Elementary at 6103 Beulah Street. Franconia ES serves students grade K-6. To view school ratings click here.
- Hayfield Elementary School at 7633 Telegraph Road. Hayfield ES serves students grades K-6. To view school ratings click here.
- Island Creek Elementary School at 7855 Morning View Lane. Island Creek ES serves students grades K-6. To view school ratings click here.
- Hayfield Secondary School (Middle) at 7630 Telegraph Road. Hayfield MS serves students grades 7-8. Hayfield is a secondary school, meaning it serves grades 7 through 12, but the high school and middle school students are generally kept segregated. Hayfield Middle offers an honors program. To view school ratings click here.
- Mark Twain Middle School at 4700 Franconia Road. Twain MS serves students grades 7-8. Twain offers an International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program to all of its students.To view school ratings click here.
- Hayfield Secondary School (High) at 7630 Telegraph Road. Hayfield HS serves students grades 9-12. Hayfield is a secondary school, meaning it serves grades 7 through 12, but the high school and middle school students are generally kept segregated. Hayfield High offers both honors and advanced placement programs. To view school ratings click here.
- Thomas Edison High School at 5801 Franconia Road. Edison serves students grades 9-12. Edison High School is an International Baccalaureate (IB) school. The IB programs provide a comprehensive rigorous education emphasizing analytical thinking, reading and writing skills with an international perspective. To view school ratings click here.
Private Schools Near Kingstowne
- Calvary Road Christian School at 6811 Beulah Street
- Browne Academy at 5917 Telegraph Road
- Burgundy Farm Country Day School at 3700 Burgundy Road
- Word of Life Christian Academy at 5225 Backlick Road
- Al-Qalam Academy at 6666 Commerce Street
- Springfield Academy at 5236 Backlick Road
- Angelus Academy at 7644 Dynatech Court
- Saint Bernadette Catholic School at 7600 Old Keene Mill Road
- Immanuel Christian School at 6915 Braddock Road
To find an receive a list of all Kingstowne real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Abraham Walker at Abraham@AskAWalker.com with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above is considered accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the Fairfax County Public Schools’ website.
Kingstowne Real Estate Trends
Note: Given the large Northern Virginia real estate area, it may be best to take a closer look at each neighborhood and community with a reliable Realtor for more accurate trends. Data sourced from the Northern Virginia Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service and is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. For updated information regarding Kingstowne real estate pricing and trend analysis, please contact Abraham Walker at Abraham@AskAWalker.com.
Kingstowne Single-Family Homes Trends
Kingstowne single family homes for sale feature small lot sizes (by Northern Virginia standards) with an average lot size of 1.49 acres.
Kingstowne's oldest single-family home was built in the 1980s and spread across several neighborhoods. There's a pocket of Kingstowne that contains several 2 bedroom single family homes off Hayfield Rd that represent the oldest housing stock in the area.
New construction is rare to find in Kingstowne. New homes tend to sell for a little more than older homes of similar size in the area. Single Family Home prices range from low to mid $600,000 to 1 million dollars.
Kingstowne Townhomes Sales Trends
Kingstowne Condo Trends
Fun Things to Do Near Kingstowne
Kingstowne offers its residents a variety of amenities, including tennis courts and swimming pools. Things to do in the area don't stop there. Kingstowne homes are a few minutes away from many forms of entertainment, dining, and retail options. The Kingstowne Towne Center is a one-stop spot for shopping and dining right in the heart of Kingstowne. You can grab a bite to eat, enjoy a movie, visit a driving range, do a little shopping and then head to the supermarket all without leaving the Kingstowne Towne Center.
There are a number of tot lots within the community but Kingstowne is only minutes away from several other parks and the Lee District Park.
Lee District Rec Center located within the park offers a splash park, basketball courts, swimming pools, amphitheater, and a turf football field. It's home to the Pioneer baseball league as well. Lee District Rec Center offers camp programs for school-aged children during summer, spring and winter breaks.
Kingstowne also has its own public library, the Kingstowne Library, located ironically in Landsdowne just outside of the Kingstone HOA boundary.
Here are just some of the must-visit places in and around Kingstowne:
- Franconia Park
- Lee District Park
- Huntley Meadows Park
- Lake Accotink Park
- TJ Maxx
- Home Goods
- World Market
- Ross for Less
- Springfield Towne Center (mall)
- Trader Joes
- Nalls Produce
- Regal Kingstowne Stadium 16
- Chessie's Big Backyard
- Top Golf
- Dave & Busters
- Greendale Golf Course
- Go Ape Zip Line & Treetop Adventure
- Hidden Pond Nature Center
- Kumo Asian Bistro
- Lucky's Sports Theatre and Grille
- Manchester Bagel
- Dickey's BBQ
- The Pub by Wegmans
- Fiona's Irish Pub
- East Moon Asian Bistro
- Aditi Indian Dining
- Pasara Thai Restuarant
- Bonefish Grill
- Ledo's Pizza
- Walker's Grille
Kingstowne Virginia Realtor - Abraham Walker
A local real estate agent dedicated to providing world class service to our real estate clients, Abraham Walker, a consistent Top Producing Real Estate Agent and head of Ask A Walker, is ranked as one of the top real estate agents at Keller Williams Realty Kingstowne.
- “Abraham made the sale of our home very quick, easy, and painless.”
- “Abraham’s knowledge of the local market put him heads and tails above everyone else.”
- “Communication was constant and prompt which was paramount for us buying and selling a home at the same time.”
Get More Details
Why We’re Different
- Rookie of the year 1st year in business
- NVAR multi-million-dollar producer
- Keller Williams Realty International top Training Company by Training Magazine
- 10+ years of Real Estate experience
- We study the market, and know how to market this property
- Honest, dependable and reliable
- Inform, educate, and advise our clients throughout the process.
- Negotiates Win-Win deals