Annandale VA REAL ESTATE GUIDE
- SUPERB LOCATION: Bordered by Springfield, Fairfax, Falls Church and Alexandria. Just 30 minutes from DC and with easy access to Tysons Corner, Fort Belvoir, and Quantico Annandale is ideal for commuters.
- EXCELLENT ACCESSIBILITY: Annandale is located inside the Capital Beltway and it’s near Route 236.
- GREAT DINING & CULTURAL OPTIONS: Downtown Annadale is affectionately known as Koreatown. There are hundreds of small businesses owned by South Koreans, including many restaurants, bakeries, and boutiques.
Annandale real estate can be tricky to navigate given the fluctuation in sales price from one to neighborhood to another within close proximity of one another. Contact Abraham Walker, Your Northern Virginia Real Estate Agent, for great recommendations and advice if you’re looking to buy or sell a home in Annandale.
7 Things Annandale Real Estate Buyers Should Know
- Annandale real estate continues to be a popular option, thanks to its great location and excellent accessibility.
- With Washington DC less than 12 miles away, residents are minutes away from key areas like the Capitol Hill, the Pentagon, and Smithsonian museums.
- There are also older single-family houses and townhouses available but an increasing demand for housing in the area has created new development.
- Homes in Annadale are a mix of older condominiums, townhouses, single-family homes, and large estate-style homes.
- The most expensive Annandale homes can feature upwards of 9,000 square feet.
- Prices for Annandale condos for sale can start at around $150,000 and homes go up to more than $1,700,000.
- Downtown Annandale is also referred to as Koreatown. There are hundreds of small businesses owned by south Koreans, including many restaurants and bakeries.
Annandale MAPS AND LOCATION
Annandale is located south of the center of Fairfax County, it is border by Springfield to the east, Fairfax to the north, Fairfax Station to the southwest.
The center of Annandale is considered to be where Columbia Pike, Route 236, and Backlick Road meet two miles east of Interstate 495 on Route 236.
Annandale is a part of the Mason District, a nonfunctioning county subdivision. The Mason District includes surrounding areas of Lake Barcroft, Seven Corners, and Bailey’s Crossroads.
Neighborhoods and subdivisions in Annandale fall under the 22003 zip code of Fairfax County.
Zip Codes near Annandale homes for sale include 22031, 22037, 22042, 22150, and 22312
ANNANDALE AREA NEIGHBORHOODS
Broyhill Crest is a community of nearly 1500 homes along with Gallows and Annandale. Its prime location inside the beltway is one of the neighborhood’s top selling points.
Canterbury Woods is a neighborhood consisting of just over 500 homes. Residents enjoy a community-run pool with its own swim team.
Lafayette Village is a community of fewer than 300 townhouses and 21 single-family homes. This community is known for its location and its vast common area which accounts for 1/3 of its land. The common area includes a swimming pool, basketball court, playground, and several community garden plots.
Sleepy Hollow Woods is a quaint neighborhood with homes built between 1959 and 1961. It’s a neighborhood of stand-alone ramblers, bilevels, and split level homes.
Annandale Virginia Fairfax County Schools
Students living in Annandale are assigned to the Fairfax County Public School system. Fairfax County Public Schools is an elite, public school district located in Falls Church, VA. As the 10th largest school division in the U.S., FCPS serves a diverse student population of more than 188,000 students in grades prekindergarten through 12.
FCPS students can take Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) classes in high school; the division offers the IB middle years program and the IB primary years program in select schools.
- Braddock Elementary School at 7825 Heritage Drive. Braddock ES serves students grades K-6. To view school ratings click here.
- Camelot Elementary School at 8100 Guinevere Drive. Camelot ES serves students in grades K-6. To view school ratings click here.
- Columbia Elementary School at 6720 Alpine Drive. Columbia ES serves students in grades K-6. To view school ratings click here.
- Mason Crest Elementary School at 3705 Crest Drive. Mason Crest ES serves students in grades K-6. To view school ratings click here.
- Annandale Terrace Elementary School at 7604 Herald Street. Terra Centre ES serves students in grades K-6. To view school ratings click here.
- Woodburn Elementary School at 3401 Hemlock Drive. Woodburn ES serves students in grades K-6. To view school ratings click here.
- Canterbury Woods Elementary School at 4910 Willet Drive. Canterbury Woods ES serves students in grades K-6. To view school ratings click here.
- Wakefield Forest Elementary School at 4011 Iva Lane. Wakefield Forest ES serves students in grades K-6. To view school ratings click here.
- Belvedere Elementary School at 6540 Columbia Pike. Belvedere ES serves students in grades K-6. To view school ratings click here.
- Poe Middle School at 7000 Cindy Lane. Poe MS serves students grades 7-8. To view school ratings click here.
- Jackson Middle School at 3020 Gallows Road. Jackson MS serves students in grades 7-8. To view school ratings click here.
- Frost Middle School at 4101 Pickett Road. Frost MS serves students in grades 7-8. To view school ratings click here.
- Glasgow Middle School at 4101 Fairfax Parkway. Glasgow MS serves students in grades 7-8. To view school ratings click here.
- Annandale High School at 4700 Medford Drive. Annandale HS serves students grades 9-12. To view school ratings click here.
- Falls Church High School at 7521 Jaguar Trail. Falls Church HS serves students in grades 9-12. To view school ratings click here.
- Woodson High School at 9525 Main Street. Woodson HS serves students in grades 9-12. To view school ratings click here.
- J. E. B. Stuart High School at 3301 Peace Valley Lane. Stuart HS serves students in grades 9-12. To view school ratings click here
Private Schools near Annandale
- Grasshopper Green at 4955 Sunset Lane
- Kenwood School at 4955 Sunset Lane
- Holy Spirit Catholic School at 8800 Braddock Road
- Hope Montessori School at 4614 Ravensworth Rd
- Montessori School of Northern Virginia at 6820 Pacific Lane
- Oakwood School at 7210 Braddock Road
- Pinecrest School at 7209 Quiet Cove
- St. Ambrose Catholic School at 3827 Woodburn Rd
- St. Michael's Catholic School at 7401 St Michaels Lane
- Westminster School at 3819 Gallows Road
To find an updated list of all Lorton real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Abraham Walker at Abraham@AskAWalker.com with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, the information provided above is considered accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the Fairfax County Public Schools’ website.
Fun Things to Do Near Annandale
Many Annandale HOAs offer amenities to their residents including tennis courts, swimming pools and use of certain common areas. Things to do in the area don’t stop there.
Audrey Moore RECenter located in Wakefield Park is approximately 76,000 square feet and includes a 50m swimming pool. The RECenter has racquetball, squash, and basketball courts. There's also space designated for crafts and the arts, including a dance studio, pottery lab, and kiln.
Audrey Moore RECenter offers camp programs for school-aged children during summer, spring, and winter breaks.
The George Mason Regional Library is over 27,000 square feet. Per the library website, it offers free WiFi, computers, a study room, and meeting rooms. Spanish, Vietnamese, and Korean language books available at this location reflect the multiculturalism of the community.
Here are just some of the must-visit places in and around Annandale:
- Mason District Park
- Mason District Off-Leash Dog Park
- Hidden Oaks Nature Center
- Annandale Community Park
- Ossian Park
- Holmes Run Stream Valley Park
- Markham Street Cafe
- The Block
- Kogiya Korean BBQ
- Dice Burger
- Jang Won
- Honey Pig
- H Mart
- Harris Teeter
- Fresh World
- Ginger & Spice Market
- AMF Annandale Lanes
- Antiques & Art Emporium
- Hidden Pond Nature Center
- DC Cinemas
Do you have a property in Annandale you would like to sell? We can help sell you Annandale Property! Call 703-539-2053 to discuss your home's value or visit us on the web for your free home value report done by an experienced Northern Virginia Realtor®. We're here to help you with all of your Northern Virginia real estate needs.