BURKE VA REAL ESTATE GUIDE
- GREAT SELECTION OF HOMES: Considering the Burke area is so large, there is a wide variety of home options, including condos, townhomes, older colonial homes, new construction and impressive estates.
- SIMPLE COMMUTE: Burke is home to two Virginia Railway Express (VRE) stations; Burke Centre and Rolling Road
- HIGHLY RANKED SCHOOLS: Lake Braddock High School is ranked #12 amongst Virginia High Schools according to US News.
- AFFORDABILITY: Compared to other Fairfax County communities offering similar homes Burke homes for sale are some of the more affordable options.
Burke real estate can be tricky to navigate given the fluctuation in sales price from one to neighborhood to another within close proximity of one another. Contact Abraham Walker, the best Real Estate Agent in Lorton, for great recommendations and advice if you’re looking to buy or sell a home in Burke.
Burke Homes for Sale
6008 SHIPLETT BOULEVARD BURKE, Virginia
5 Beds 4 Baths 2,656 SqFt 0.330 Acres
9333 RAINTREE ROAD BURKE, Virginia
5 Beds 3 Baths 1,506 SqFt 0.270 Acres
5506 POINT LONGSTREET WAY BURKE, Virginia
3 Beds 4 Baths 2,346 SqFt 0.240 Acres
9515 SOUTHERN CROSS LANE BURKE, Virginia
4 Beds 4 Baths 2,115 SqFt 0.190 Acres
9537 BURKE LAKE ROAD 5 BURKE, Virginia
3 Beds 3 Baths 2,717 SqFt
5611 BAKERSVILLE LANE BURKE, Virginia
4 Beds 4 Baths 2,000 SqFt 0.200 Acres
6234 GARRETSON STREET BURKE, Virginia
5 Beds 4 Baths 2,134 SqFt 0.250 Acres
6044 BURNSIDE LANDING DRIVE BURKE, Virginia
4 Beds 4 Baths 2,246 SqFt 0.200 Acres
6161 HATCHES COURT BURKE, Virginia
4 Beds 4 Baths 2,508 SqFt 0.080 Acres
Don’t See What You Like?
Things Burke Real Estate Buyers Should Know
- With Washington DC about 30 minutes away, residents are minutes away from key areas like the Capitol Hill, the Pentagon, and Smithsonian museums
- Homes in Burke have convenient access to schools, shopping, restaurants, parks, and entertainment.
- There are older single-family houses and townhouses available but an increasing demand for housing in the area has created new development
- Homes in Burke are a mix of older condominiums, townhouses, single-family homes, new construction and large estate-style homes.
- The most expensive Annandale homes can feature upwards of 7,000 square feet
- Prices of homes for sale in Burke can start around $300,000 and go up to more than $1,300,000.
Burke Maps and Location
Burke is located south of the center of Fairfax County. Burke is bordered by Lorton to the south, West Springfield to the east, Newington Forest to the south, Fairfax Station to the southwest and Fairfax to the north.
Burke is home to two Virginia Railway Express (VRE) stations; Burke Centre and Rolling Road.
Neighborhoods and subdivisions in Burke fall under the 22015 zip code of Fairfax County.
Zip Codes near Lorton homes for sale include 22039, 22152, 22153, 22150, and 22151.
Burke Area NeighborhoodsBurke has many wonderful neighborhoods like Burke Centre, Cherry Run, and Cardinal Glen just to name a few.
Burke Centre is located in western Burke. This large subdivision is made of five communities; The Commons, The Landings, The Oaks, The Ponds and The Woods.
Lake Braddock features 1298 homes, a mix of townhouses and single-family homes. The community includes a lake and pond in addition to other amenities.
Cherry Run is a quaint, wooded community of less than 200 single family homes. The common area includes a 22 acre of woods with a stream.
Signal Hill is a community of 493 homes near the intersection of Rolling Road and Burke Lake Road.
Burke Virginia Fairfax County Schools
Students living in Burke are assigned to the Fairfax County Public School system. Fairfax County Public Schools is an elite, public school district located in Falls Church, VA. As the 10th largest school division in the U.S., FCPS serves a diverse student population of more than 188,000 students in grades prekindergarten through 12.
FCPS students can take Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) classes in high school; the division offers the IB middle years program and the IB primary years program in select schools.
- Fairview Elementary School at 5815 Ox Road. Fairview ES serves students grades K-6. To view school ratings click here.
- White Oaks Elementary School at 6130 Shiplett Boulevard. White Oaks ES serves students grades K-6. To view school ratings click here.
- Little Run Elementary School at 4511 Olley lane. Olley ES serves students grades K-6. To view school ratings click here.
- Bonnie Brae Elementary School at 5420 Sideburn Road. Bonnie Brae ES serves students grades K-6. To view school ratings click here.
- Terre Centre Elementary School at 6000 Burke Centre Parkway. Terra Centre ES serves students grades K-6. To view school ratings click here.
- Kings Park Elementary School at 5400 Harrow Way. Kings Park ES serves students grades K-6. To view school ratings click here.
- James W. Robinson Secondary School at 5035 Sideburn Road. Robinson MS serves students grades 7-8. To view school ratings click here.
- Lake Braddock at 9200 Burke Lake Road. Lake Braddock MS serves students grades 7-8. To view school ratings click here.
- South County Middle School at 8700 Laurel Crest Drive. South County MS serves students grades 7-8. To view school ratings click here.
- South County High School at 8501 Silverbrook Road. South County HS serves students grades 9-12. To view school ratings click here.
- James W Robinson High School at 5035 Sideburn Road. Robinson HS serves students grades 9-12. To view school ratings click here.
- Lake Braddock High School at at 9200 Burke Lake Road. Lake Braddock HS serves students grades 9-12. To view school ratings click here.
Private Schools near Burke
- Trinity Christian School at 11204 Braddock Road
- Nativity Catholic School at 6398 Nativity Lane
- Fairfax Baptist Temple Academy at 6401 Missionary Lane
- Springfield Academy at 5236 Backlick Road
- Burgundy Farm Country Day School at 3700 Burgundy Road
- Word of Life Christian Academy at 5225 Backlick Road
- Al-Qalam Academy at 6666 Commerce Street
- Springfield Academy at 5236 Backlick Road
- Westminister School at 3819 Gallows Road
- Angelus Academy at 7644 Dynatech Court
- Saint Bernadette Catholic School at 7600 Old Keene Mill Road
- Immanuel Christian School at 6915 Braddock Road
To find an updated list of all Lorton real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Abraham Walker at Abraham@AskAWalker.com with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above is considered accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the Fairfax County Public Schools’ website.
Fun Things to Do Near Burke
Many Annandale HOAs offer amenities to their residents including tennis courts, swimming pools and use of certain common areas. Things to do in the area don’t stop there.
Audrey Moore RECenter located in Wakefield Park is approximately 76,000 square feet and includes a 50m swimming pool. The RECenter has racquetball, squash, and basketball courts. There’s also space designated for crafts and the arts, including a dance studio, pottery lab, and kiln.
Audrey Moore RECenter offers camp programs for school-aged children during summer, spring and winter breaks.
The George Mason Regional Library is over 27,000 square feet. Per the library website, it offers free WiFi, computers, a study room, and meeting rooms. Spanish, Vietnamese, and Korean language books available at this location reflect the multiculturalism of the community.
Here are just some of the must-visit places in and around Burke:
- Pohick Stream Valley Trail
- Polling Valley West Park
- Lake Barton
- Burke Lake Park
- Hidden Pond Nature Center
- Fountainhead Regional Park
- Rafagino Italian Restaurant
- Coal Fire
- Great American Bistro
- Hopsfrog Grille
- Mike's American Grill
- Glory Days Grill
- H Mart
- Whole Foods
- Trader Joes
- Hidden Pond Nature Center
- Go Ape Zip Line & Treetop Adventure
- Regal Springfield Town Center 12
- National Firearms Museum
- Burke Farmers Market
- Old Keene Mill Swim & Racquet Club
- Eileen Olson Fine Art
Burke Real Estate Trends
Burke Homes By Prices
Homes in Burke include luxury custom homes, traditional tract homes, planned communities, condominiums, lofts, townhomes, and apartment homes.
Do you have a property in Burke you would like to sell? We can help sell you Burke Property! Call 703-539-2053 to discuss your home's value or visit us on the web for your free home value report done by an experienced Northern Virginia Realtor®. We're here to help you with all of your Northern Virginia real estate needs.
Top Burke Subdivisions
Burke Centre, Lake Braddock, Burke Cove, Lakepointe, Cherry Run, Longwood Knolls, Burke Station Square, Signal Hill, Keene Mill Woods, Cardinal Glen, Rolling Valley West, Burke Village, Oakwood Commons Burke, Old Mill Community, Woodwalk.