OLD TOWN VA REAL ESTATE GUIDE
In Old Town, you’ll find an array of housing options, shopping, and restaurants.
- WONDERFUL BLEND OF TRADITIONAL AND MODERN HOMES: In Old Town you’ll find brick and cobblestone streets lined with row houses and townhouses along with some new construction.
- RICH HISTORY: Old Town is home to many of Virginia’s historic landmarks. There are over 4,000 historic buildings from the 18th and 19th centuries.
- ENTERTAINMENT: Springfield community is the amenities including tennis courts, outdoor swimming pools, multiple fitness centers, and miles of walking trails to name a few. Over 1,200 acres of carefully maintained green space make Kingstowne a unique urban environment with a peaceful, serene feel.
- WIDE RANGE OF HOUSING OPTIONS: In Old Town, you’ll find everything from condos starting around $100,000 to multimillion-dollar estate homes.
Old Town real estate can be tricky to navigate given the fluctuation in sales price from one to neighborhood to another within close proximity of one another. Contact Abraham Walker, your Northern Virginia Real Estate Agent, for great recommendations and advice if you’re looking to buy or sell a home in Old Town.
POPULAR old town VA RESOURCES
Old Town Homes for Sale[impress_property_showcase property_type=”savedlinks” saved_link_id=”9538″ agent_id=”” show_image=”1″ use_rows=”1″ num_per_row=”3″ max=”9″ order=”high-low” styles=”1″ new_window=”0″ ]
Don’t See What You Like?
5 Things Old Town Real Estate Buyers Should Know
- Springfield has a home for buyers of every budget
- Springfield is home to some of the areas top-ranked schools
- Springfield Mall features the latest shops and an array of restaurants
- The Fairfax County Parkway goes through the heart of Springfield, providing easy access to the surrounding areas and HOV lanes leading to Washington DC.
- Home to multiple subdivisions Springfield residents have access to various amenities including tennis courts, outdoor swimming pools, multiple fitness centers, and playgrounds.
Old TOWN MAPS AND LOCATION
Old Town is located in the city of Alexandria within the 22314 zip code.
Old Town is bordered to the east by The Potomac River, to the north by Del Ray, to the west by Burke, and to the south by Huntington.
The Fairfax County Parkway goes right through Springfield providing access to HOV lanes heading to Washington DC. North Springfield’s proximity to the Capital Beltway makes it a prime location for those looking to reduce their commute to the city.
Because of its central location, Springfield is ideal for commuting to numerous DC metro employment areas, including Fort Belvoir, The Pentagon, Capitol Hill, and Tysons Corner.
Springfield is a mostly residential neighborhood, however, restaurants, cafes, retail, parks, and entertainment centers are all within minutes of Springfield homes.
Neighborhoods and subdivisions in Springfield fall under the 22150,22151,22152 and 22153 zip codes of Fairfax County.
OLD TOWN AREA NEIGHBORHOODSWhether looking in Springfield, West Springfield, or North Springfield there’s a place for every type of buyer.
Daventry is a dynamic Springfield community made of garden condos, townhouses of varying sizes and single-family homes. Residents of Daventry enjoy its outdoor swimming pool, tennis courts and community center.
Rolling Valley is a community of single-family homes built between 1960 and the mid-70s. You’ll find everything from quaint ramblers to larger colonial style homes in this neighborhood.
Newington Forest is a lovely park-like community consisting of a combination of townhouses and single-family homes. In Newington Forest, you’ll find several styles of SFH including colonial, split foyer and split level home. Its a great neighborhood for those that enjoy the great outdoors, there are swimming pools, tennis courts, a ball field, basketball courts, hiking trails, and picnics tables.
more old town subdivisions
Other Communities Near old town Area
old town Schools
- Jefferson-Houston Elementary School at 1501 Cameron Street. Jefferson-Houston ES serves students grades PreK-8.
- Lyles-Crouch Elementary at 530 S St Asaph Street. Lyles-Crouch ES serves students grade K-6.
- Maury Elementary at 600 Russell Road. Maury ES serves students grades PreK-5. To view school ratings click here.
- Springfield Estates Elementary at 6200 Charles C Goff Drive. Springfield ES serves students grades K-6. To view school ratings click here. click here.
- Jefferson-Houston School at 1501 Cameron Street. Jefferson-Houston serves students grades PreK-8.
- George Washington Middle School at 1005 Mount Vernon Avenue. George Washington MS serves students grades 7-8. To view school ratings click here.
- Francis Scott Key Middle School at 6402 Franconia Road. Key MS serves students grades 7-8. To view school ratings click here.
- T. C. Williams High School at 3300 King Street. T. C. Williams serves students 9-12.
Private Schools near Springfield
- Calvary Road Christian School at 6811 Beulah Street
- Springfield Academy at 5236 Backlick Road
- Burgundy Farm Country Day School at 3700 Burgundy Road
- Word of Life Christian Academy at 5225 Backlick Road
- Al-Qalam Academy at 6666 Commerce Street
- Springfield Academy at 5236 Backlick Road
- Westminister School at 3819 Gallows Road
- Angelus Academy at 7644 Dynatech Court
- Saint Bernadette Catholic School at 7600 Old Keene Mill Road
- Immanuel Christian School at 6915 Braddock Road
To find an updated list of all Springfield real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Abraham Walker at Abraham@AskAWalker.com with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above is considered accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the Fairfax County Public Schools’ website.
22153 Springfield Townhouses Sales
22153 Springfield area townhouse sales increased by 3.3% on a year over year basis. 11 townhouse sold in January 2018 with an average sales price of $389,536. Townhouse sold in 27.0 days on average.
Note: Given the large Northern Virginia real estate area, it may be best to take a closer look at each neighborhood and community with a reliable realtor for more accurate trends.
(Data sourced from the Northern Virginia Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service and is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.)
For updated information regarding Springfield real estate pricing and trend analysis, please contact Abraham Walker at Abraham@AskAWalker.com.
Fun Things to Do Near Springfield
Springfield homes are merely minutes away from many entertainment, dining, and retail options.
Here are just some of the must-visit places in and around Springfield:
- Hidden Pond Nature Center
- Byron Park
- Lake Mercer Park
- Lake Accotink Park
- Mike’s American Grill
- Maggiano’s Little Italy
- Austin Grill
- Yard House
- Zinburger Wine & Burger Bar
- Monty’s Steakhouse
- Einstein Bagel
- Afghan Bistro
- Bob & Edith’s Diner
- Whole Foods
- LA Mart
- Trader Joes
- Fresh World
- Springfield Town Center
- TJ Maxx
- Home Goods
- World Market
- Regal Springfield Town Center 12
- Flight Trampoline Park
- Springfield Country Club
- Lucky Duck Miniature Golf
- Dave & Busters
- Go Ape Zip Line & Treetop Adventure
- Hidden Pond Nature Center