LORTON VIRGINIA REAL ESTATE GUIDE
Prime location, incredible homes, affordable prices in southern Fairfax County
- WIDE RANGE OF HOUSING OPTIONS: In Lorton, you’ll find everything from condos with one to three bedrooms, small lofted townhouses to large and luxurious townhouses with two car garages, and single family homes ranging from cozy two level colonials to grande estates boasting over 5000 square feet.
- GREAT COMMUTE: The proximity to 1-95 and VRE make Lorton a good option for those commuting to DC and the Pentagon
- AFFORDABILITY: Compared to similar cities offering similar homes for sale Laurel Hill, Lorton Landbay, Newington Forest, and Raceway Farm are some of the most affordable options.
- PARKS & TRAILS: Lorton is home to several parks including Mason Neck, Pohick Bay, and Occoquan Regional Park.
Lorton real estate can be tricky to navigate given the fluctuation in sales price from one to neighborhood to another within close proximity of one another. Contact Abraham Walker, Your Northern Virginia Real Estate agent, for great recommendations and advice if you’re looking to buy or sell a home in Lorton.
Lorton Homes for Sale
9024 KIGER STREET LORTON, Virginia
4 Beds 4 Baths 2,576 SqFt 0.830 Acres
8425 REFORMATORY WAY LORTON, Virginia
4 Beds 4 Baths 2,679 SqFt 0.030 Acres
6840 SILVER ANN DRIVE LORTON, Virginia
4 Beds 4 Baths 3,056 SqFt 0.180 Acres
8427 REFORMATORY WAY LORTON, Virginia
3 Beds 4 Baths 0.030 Acres
8489 SILVERVIEW DRIVE LORTON, Virginia
5 Beds 4 Baths 2,709 SqFt 0.220 Acres
7615 BUCKLAND PLACE LORTON, Virginia
4 Beds 4 Baths 2,889 SqFt 0.100 Acres
9061 GALVIN LANE LORTON, Virginia
4 Beds 6 Baths 3,176 SqFt 0.090 Acres
9953 E HILL DRIVE LORTON, Virginia
4 Beds 4 Baths 2,840 SqFt 0.080 Acres
7880 SAINT DOLORES DRIVE LORTON, Virginia
3 Beds 4 Baths 2,000 SqFt 0.060 Acres
Don’t See What You Like?
Things Lorton Real Estate Buyers Should Know
- Homes in Lorton include luxury custom homes, traditional tract homes, planned communities, condominiums, lofts, townhomes, and apartment homes.
- The Workhouse Arts Center was opened in 2008 after the facility was purchased from the DC Department of Corrections. The Center offers musical and theatrical performances, art exhibits and even numerous classes and activities.
- There are also older single-family houses and townhouses available but an increasing demand for housing in the area has created a lot of new development.
- Buyers have an opportunity to buy new or renovated homes at a lower price than many other areas in Fairfax
- Gunston Plaza Shopping Center is in the center of Lorton, there’s a supermarket, drugstore, DMV, post office and more.
Lorton Maps and Location
Lorton is located in southern Fairfax County with over 6000 residences. The general boundary is comprised of Laurel Hill to the west, Newington to the north, Fort Belvoir to the east, southeast is Mason Neck, and Woodbridge in Prince William County to the southwest.
The proximity to 1-95 and VRE make Lorton a good option for those commuting to DC and the Pentagon.
Despite its smaller size, Lorton real estate is a popular choice because of its close proximity to Fort Belvoir and various commuting options to DC and other areas of Northern Virginia. There’s also a residential part of Fort Belvoir (22060) that includes a few smaller neighborhoods.
Neighborhoods and subdivisions in Lorton fall under the 22079 zip code of Fairfax County.
Zip Codes near Lorton homes for sale include 22315, 22310, 22039, 22150, and 22191.
Lorton Area NeighborhoodsLorton has many wonderful neighborhoods like Laurel Hill, Gunston Manor, Lorton Station, Gunston Heights, and Pohick Estates just to name a few.
Laurel Hill is a newer community within Lorton with just over 700 homes. This subdivision is made of a combination of both townhouses and single-family homes. laurel Hill overs a variety of amenities to its residents including, tennis courts, a swimming pool, and clubhouse.
Raceway Farms is a neighborhood of single-family homes quietly tucked away just outside of Kingstowne and Lorton Town Center.
Pohick Villages townhouse community was built in the mid to late 80s. With only 275 units there are a few different models mostly ranging from 1650-1850 sq/ft. Its proximity to Route 1, I395-95, the Captial Beltway, Fairfax County Parkway, Rolling Road, and commuter buses lines makes this neighborhood ideal for any commuter.
Lorton Station is an incredible planned community of fewer than 1000 homes. It’s just about 15 miles from the nation’s capital and has a VRE station in the Town Center.
Lorton Virginia Fairfax County Schools
Students living in Lorton are a part of Regions 3 or 4 of the Fairfax County Public School system. Fairfax County Public Schools is an elite, public school district located in Falls Church, VA. As the 10th largest school division in the U.S., FCPS serves a diverse student population of more than 188,000 students in grades prekindergarten through 12.
FCPS students can take Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) classes in high school; the division offers the IB middle years program and the IB primary years program in select schools.
- Gunston Elementary School at 10100 Gunston Road. Lane ES serves students grades K-6. To view school ratings click here.
- Halley Elementary at 8850 Cross Chase Circle. Franconia ES serves students grade K-6. To view school ratings click here.
- Lorton Station Elementary School at 9298 Lewis Chapel Road. Hayfield ES serves students grades K-6. To view school ratings click here.
- Island Creek Elementary School at 7855 Morning View Lane. Island Creek ES serves students grades K-6. To view school ratings click here.
- Laurel Hill Elementary School at 8390 Laurel Crest Drive. Laurel Hill ES serves students grades K-6. To view school ratings click here.
- Silverbrook Elementary School at 9350 Crossepointe Drive. Silverbrook ES serves students grades K-6. To view school ratings click here.
- Hayfield Secondary School (Middle) at 7630 Telegraph Road. Hayfield MS serves students grades 7-8. Hayfield is a secondary school, meaning it serves grades 7 through 12, but the high school and middle school students are generally kept segregated. Hayfield Middle offers an honors program. To view school ratings click here.
- South County Middle School at 8700 Lauren Crest Drive. South County MS serves students grades 7-8. The school vision is committed to developing innovative life-long learners who are active and responsible citizens within their communities. To view school ratings click here.
- Hayfield Secondary School (High) at 7630 Telegraph Road.Hayfield HS serves students grades 9-12. Hayfield is a secondary school, meaning it serves grades 7 through 12, but the high school and middle school students are generally kept segregated. Hayfield High offers both honors and advanced placement programs. To view school ratings click here.
- South County High School at 8501 Silverbrook Road. South County HS serves students grades 9-12. South County High offers both honors and advanced placement programs in addition to a traditional course load. To view school ratings click here.
Private Schools near Lorton
- Calvary Road Christian School at 6811 Beulah Street
- Browne Academy at 5917 Telegraph Road
- Burgundy Farm Country Day School at 3700 Burgundy Road
- Word of Life Christian Academy at 5225 Backlick Road
- Al-Qalam Academy at 6666 Commerce Street
- Springfield Academy at 5236 Backlick Road
- Angelus Academy at 7644 Dynatech Court
- Saint Bernadette Catholic School at 7600 Old Keene Mill Road
- Immanuel Christian School at 6915 Braddock Road
To find an updated list of all Lorton real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Abraham Walker at Abraham@AskAWalker.com with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above is considered accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the Fairfax County Public Schools’ website.
Lorton Real Estate Trends
Lorton, VA 22079 – Market Reports by Month
Lorton Home Sales 2017
Lorton, VA 22079 2017 Market Update
Note: Given the large Northern Virginia real estate area, it may be best to take a closer look at each neighborhood and community with a reliable realtor for more accurate trends.(Data sourced from the Northern Virginia Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service and is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.)
For updated information regarding Lorton real estate pricing and trend analysis, please contact Abraham Walker at Abraham@AskAWalker.com.
Fun Things to Do in Lorton
Mason Neck Park has hiking trails, paved multi-use trails, a large picnic area, and a car-top canoe launch. Canoe, kayak, and bicycle rentals are also available. Many park visitors enjoy bird watching, especially for American bald eagles, and guided canoe trips.
South Run Rec Center located within the park offers basketball courts, swimming pools, and a turf football field. South County Rec Center offers camp programs for school-aged children during summer, spring and winter breaks.
Workhouse Arts Center is a non-profit that provides visual and performing arts studio and exhibition space as well as arts education programs. There’s everything from pottery and painting classes to cooking lessons, comedy showcases, and even pilates. The Workhouse is situated on 55 acres of land in the Occoquan Workhouse portion of the D.C. Department of Corrections Lorton Reformatory.
Here are just some of the must-visit places in and around Lorton:
- Occoquan Regional Park
- Mason Neck Park
- Pohick Bay Regional Park
- Yard House
- Manchester Bagel
- Dickey’s BBQ
- The Pub by Wegmans
- Le Thai Cuisine
- Glory Days Grill
- Food Lion
- TJ Maxx
- Home Goods
- World Market
- Ross for Less
- Springfield Towne Center (mall)
- Workhouse Arts Center
- Regal Kingstowne Stadium 16
- Top Golf
- Dave & Busters
- Go Ape Zip Line & Treetop Adventure
- Hidden Pond Nature Center
Lorton Homes By Prices
Homes in Lorton include luxury custom homes, traditional tract homes, planned communities, condominiums, lofts, townhomes, and apartment homes.
Do you have a property in Lorton you would like to sell? We can help sell you Lorton Property! Call 703-539-2053 to discuss your home’s value or visit us on the web for your free home value report done by an experienced Northern Virginia Realtor®. We’re here to help you with all of your Northern Virginia real estate needs.
Top Lorton Subdivisions
TOP LORTON SUBDIVISION’S Single-Family Homes FOR SALE
Gunston Corner Single- Family for Sale, Laurel Hill Landbay Single- Family for Sale, Newington Heights Single- Family for Sale, Lorton Station South Single- Family for Sale, Lorton Town Ctr Landbay Single- Family for Sale, Lorton Valley North Single- Family for Sale, Newington Commons Single- Family for Sale, Washington Square Single- Family for Sale, Pohick Village Single- Family for Sale, Laurel Highlands Single- Family for Sale.
TOP LORTON SUBDIVISION’S TOWNHOMES FOR SALE
Gunston Corner Townhomes for Sale, Laurel Hill Landbay Townhomes for Sale, Newington Heights Townhomes for Sale, Lorton Station South Townhomes for Sale, Lorton Town Ctr Landbay Townhomes for Sale, Lorton Valley North Townhomes for Sale, Newington Commons Townhomes for Sale, Washington Square Townhomes for Sale, Pohick Village Townhomes for Sale, Laurel Highlands Townhomes for Sale.
Top Lorton Subdivision’s Condos for Sale
Gunston Corner Condos for Sale, Laurel Hill Landbay Condos for Sale, Newington Heights Condos for Sale, Lorton Station South Condos for Sale, Lorton Town Ctr Landbay Condos for Sale, Lorton Valley North Condos for Sale, Newington Commons Condos for Sale, Washington Square Condos for Sale, Pohick Village Condos for Sale, Laurel Highlands Condos for Sale.
Search Lorton Houses
Lorton Homes for Sale